What you need:
4 Hard-boiled eggs
1 small red onion
2 medium sized tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger
4 green chilly
pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp dried mango powder
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
Chopped cilantro to garnish
What you do:
- Blend tomato, garlic, ginger and green chilly together to form puree and keep aside.
- Chop onion finely and fry in 1tbsp of olive oil.
- When the onion starts to brown, stir in all the spices for about 30 seconds and then add the tomato puree. Stir and then stir some more. Be careful though, the gravy is going to splatter. So put a tight lid on it and keep stirring it every couple of minutes.
- Let the gravy simmer for about ten minutes on a low flame.
- Pour one cup of water and stir it in the mixture.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half and slide them into the gravy, yolk side up.
- Bring the gravy to a boil.
- Switch of the gas, transfer the egg curry to a different dish and garnish with chopped cilantro.
You can have this curry as is (which is the way I like!) or eat it with almost anything including warm pita, tortilla, rotis, parathas, rice etc.